The Framework For Eschatology: The Biblical Covenants
The Framework for Eschatology: The Biblical Covenants
THEME: Just like a puzzle is best completed by starting with the framework around the edges, Eschatology is best understood by starting with the framework of Biblical Covenants. God’s end times program is determined and arranged by these God given covenants. This morning we will examine the Abrahamic Covenant which provides a foundation for the other three “sub-covenants”. Because we understand these covenants to be both unconditional and literal, we believe they will guarantee the following, FOUR PROMISES:
- A national future for Israel.
- The regathering of Israel to the land.
- The spiritual regeneration of Israel.
- The millennial, earthly rule of Christ over Israel on the throne of David.
1. The Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 12:1-3; 13:16; 15:4-5; 17:4-6, 8, 19)
B. Provisions (Genesis 26:3-5; 48:3-4; Galations 3:6-9; Matthew 1:1)
C. Character (Genesis 17:7; Psalm 105:9-10
E. Implications (Hebrews 6:13-20)
2. The Three “Sub-Covenants:” Land, Seed and Blessing
A. The Palestinian Covenant (Deuteronomy 30:1-10; Genesis 12:1; 15:18-21; Ezekiel 39:25-29)
B. The Davidic Covenant (2 Samuel 7:12-16; Psalm 89:3-4; Luke 1:30-33; Revelation 11:15)
C. The New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-37; Isaiah 61:8-9; Ezekiel 34:25-30; Hebrews 9:11-15; 13:20)
More in Your Kingdom Come
June 3, 2018The Beginning Of The End: An Introduction To Eschatology