Family Reunion This Sunday!
After two months of not gathering together as a church family like we normally do, we want to welcome you back this Sunday, May 17, for our regular Worship Service at 10:30am.
We realize that our church serves a wide spectrum of people whose opinions and concerns regarding COVID-19 range from those who can’t wait to come back to those who are not ready or able to come back and feel the need to remain extremely cautious.
That’s why we assembled a team composed of Pastors, Elders, and Deacons who have sought to strike a balance between trusting God and taking wise precautions as they have been thinking through and putting in place practical plans to make sure we do all we can to provide a healthy and safe environment that is not overly awkward for everyone who chooses to join us in person.
Here are some of the health/safety measures we will be implementing our first few Sundays back
- More space has been added between the rows in the Activity Center so couples and families can spread out for worship and fellowship (i.e. singles feel free to sit together with friends or families you know).
- The Worship Center will serve as an overflow space where those who are at-risk or who would just feel more comfortable being around less people can attend the service via livestream.
- Access between the Activity Center and the Worship Center will be closed off to keep people from going back and forth between the buildings (i.e. please follow the posted signs and enter and leave from the same building).
- We will not be providing any childcare so plan on having your kids sit with you in the service (i.e. the Conference Room will serve as a cry room/nursing area for those meeting in the Worship Center and the Lounge will serve the same purpose for those meeting in the Activity Center). Also, the playground will be off limits.
- The kitchen and water fountains will be closed off so feel free to bring your own water or coffee.
- We will not be distributing any bulletins but the Sermon Outline/Application Sheets will be available on the back tables for you to pick up on your own.
- Anyone wanting to wear a mask and/or gloves is encouraged to bring their own; some of our greeters, ushers, and safety team members may be wearing them.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed strategically at the entrances and in the restrooms.
- The facility will be cleaned and sanitized before and after every service, including entryways, meeting rooms, restrooms, hallways, chairs, and all high touch areas.
- There will be no “fellowship police” but please be mindful of the social distancing guidelines we’ve all been encouraged to follow as we greet and interact with one another.
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 after attending services at LBC, please communicate that to us.
Any and all of these health/safety measures may be modified or phased out depending on the future wellness of our church, our county, and our country.
We are viewing this as a “soft reopening” and are prayerfully planning to return to our normal Sunday morning and Wednesday evening schedules and programs for adults, students, and kids as soon as we are able. Our tentative target date to start back up Nursery/Toddler Care and Equipping Hour is Sunday, June 14.
As always, if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please reach out to any of our Pastors, Elders, or Grow Group Leaders.
We look forward to seeing you in person this Sunday! And if you can’t come for whatever reason, please tune in to our livestream!
Grace & Truth,