LBC Response to COVID-19
As I’m sure you are all aware, the news about COVID-19 has escalated exponentially this week leading to unprecedented cancellations of schools, organizations, and sporting events. In order to limit the spread of this pandemic, the local authorities in Montgomery County have declared a local disaster for the next 30 days and have urged that any event over 250 persons be canceled but have left that decision to the leaders and staff of private organizations.
Based on our biblical responsibility to honor the governing authorities God has placed over us for our good (Rom. 13:1), the LBC Elders and Deacons have decided that it would be wise to modify our normal church activities for the next two Sundays as follows:
- There will be NO Equipping Hour.
- We will meet for our regularly scheduled Worship Service from 10:30am-12:00pm but encourage those who attend to divide up between the Activity Center and the Worship Center which will serve as an overflow space where you can watch the service via livestream. We will only provide Nursery/Toddler Care during the service. If you have children in Kindergarten or above, please plan to bring them with you to the service.
- If you are unable to attend the service because you are considered high risk due to your age or your health, we encourage you to join us via livestream here: https://www.lakesidebiblechurch.org/livestream
- All of our mid-week activities have already been canceled this coming week due to MISD Spring Break. We will keep you posted whether or not we decide to cancel mid-week activities in the coming weeks.
- Grow Groups will continue as normal. These small group gatherings meet weekly or bi-weekly in homes throughout the Lake Conroe area and serve to create an environment where people who attend our church can build close, edifying relationships so they can care for one another. In light of the present limitations on large group gatherings, there is no better time to get plugged in to one of these groups. https://www.lakesidebiblechurch.org/grow-groups
Please know that these safety measures are not being taken out of fear, but trusting in our sovereign God who sits on His throne in heaven and rules over everything in the universe, including the coronavirus, and causes all things to work together for our good and His glory.
Our prayer is that we as a church would respond in faith during this uncertain time when so many in our world are overwhelmed by fear and anxiety. May we be used by God to reach out to the lost in our community and share with them how they can have the peace and hope we have because of the gospel.
Please be praying for wisdom for our national and local government authorities, for strength and stamina for health care workers, and for unbelievers to realize the fragility and brevity of life and repent of their sin and commit their life to follow and obey Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
We hope to see you this Sunday morning as we worship our unchanging God in an ever-changing world.
Grace & Truth,
Originally released: March 13, 2020