God's Solution To Man's Sin
Topic: Righteousness of God Passage: Romans 3:21–3:26
God’s Solution To Man’s Sin
THEME: Over the centuries, pastors, Bible teachers, and commentators have stressed the significance of this landmark text. It may be viewed as the ‘Grand Central Station’ of the Bible in that all the theological tracks or themes in Scripture lead to and leave from here. Here we not only come to the heart of the entire book of Romans, but here we have the very heart of the gospel itself. Paul weaved together a number of foundational terms and concepts that are crucial to an accurate understanding of how a person is saved. He primarily focused on the subject of God’s righteousness, specifically, how God can declare unrighteous sinners righteous while not compromising His righteousness or condoning their unrighteousness. In verses 21-26, there are SIX ASPECTS of righteousness God imparts to those who believe in His Son Jesus Christ.
1. God’s righteousness is attested to in the Bible (v. 21)
2. God’s righteousness is acquired by faith (v. 22a)
3. God’s righteousness is afforded to everyone (vv. 22b-23)
4. God’s righteousness is attributed to grace (v. 24a)
5. God’s righteousness is accomplished in Christ (vv. 24-25)
6. God’s righteousness is absolved by the cross (vv. 25b-26)
Thank God for giving Himself to save you from Himself. Ask Him to forgive you for continuing to sin against such great love. Ask Him that the amazing gift of salvation by grace through faith alone in His Son Jesus Christ would create a greater sense of wonder, adoration, and gratitude in your heart and a greater compulsion to share God’s solution for man’s sin with others.